1. I can’t get up at the crack of dawn to carpe fucking diem because I’m out five nights a week chasing laughter and the moonlight.
2. I don’t want to wake up feeling comfortable. Fuck comfort. I want to wake up and know I’ve woken up, I want to feel my life as it happens and if that means a throbbing headache, so be it; I’d rather dance in the dark than under a rainbow.
3. Eat whatever you want, idiots.
4. My breakfast happens at 1pm and I’d like to read whilst I eat it, thankyou very much.
5. I don’t need to stretch, nor do I need to reach for the sky; I am not a member of S Club 7 and my head is already in the clouds.
6. Drink all the water your body needs, put a chopped up lemon in your bottle but never neglect iced tea and vodka - whatever your poison, indulge yourself in it sometimes. Striving for perfection in any aspect of your life is just going to disappoint you; have a shot every now and then.
7. If you’re living life, you might not have time to write down your activities until four in the morning. Your life record may be scribbled onto receipts as you ride the train. That’s okay too; it doesn’t have to be beautiful to be valid.
8. Sleep on a pile of towels if you have to. Sleep in the grass. Sleep at a new friends’ place every night. As long as you’re sleeping next to something you love - whether it be a partner or the latest Palahniuk - scented fabric softener won’t mean shit.
9. Chaos can be better sometimes.
10. Run into the ocean instead.
11. You don’t owe strangers your smile. You don’t owe nature your observation. Maybe you don’t have a dog to walk.
12. Don’t make plans you can’t follow through with, it’s unfair.
14. Fuck it. Pick up a book because you liked the cover. Pick up a book because the person before you left it behind. Scribble all over it if you want. Tear pages out and cut out words if you want. Pick up no books for a month, then ten in a day. Books will always be there.
15. Be yourself without imposing cliched values and movie-romance ideas onto your personality. Do what comes naturally. If you don’t want to pay your speeding fines, don’t fucking pay them, it’s your life. If you don’t like old people, don’t go and volunteer at their homes, you’ll only make everyone there miserable. Find your true bliss rather than assuming you’ll know what it is by sticking your tongue out at babies. You’ll get there, there’s no rush.
16. Don’t fucking daydream about it. Do it. Write your own ending.
— Fuck Your ‘Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness’, love Daisy Lola (via meatandsarcasmguy)
(Source: fuckmisstexas, via this--too--shall--pass)
10:03 am • 29 July 2014 • 39,200 notes
So we were sitting in class today
and my U.S. History teacher was trying to get us to understand why it was such a big deal that England had put a tax on colonial sugar, and he goes,
"What if you had to pay a tax every time you logged onto wifi?"
And the whole class just went
and I heard at least two people whisper “I would murder someone”
I will keep reblogging this in the name of historical science
9:55 am • 29 July 2014 • 261,523 notes
“Sometimes you meet someone, and it’s so clear that the two of you, on some level belong together. As lovers, or as friends, or as family, or as something entirely different. You just work, whether you understand one another or you’re in love or you’re partners in crime. You meet these people throughout your life, out of nowhere, under the strangest circumstances, and they help you feel alive. I don’t know if that makes me believe in coincidence, or fate, or sheer blind luck, but it definitely makes me believe in something.”
— Unknown (via skeletales)
(Source: wordsalawidder, via shannonnicole31)
9:51 am • 29 July 2014 • 550,308 notes
“The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart; and being thoughtful and being generous. Everything else is crap. I promise you. It’s just crap that people try to sell to you to make you feel less. So don’t buy it.”
— Ashton Kutcher (via theflowershop)
(Source: daydreambeliever25, via shannonnicole31)
9:49 am • 29 July 2014 • 91,526 notes
“You must put away every kind of bitterness, anger, wrath, quarreling, and evil, slanderous talk. Instead, be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also forgave you.”
— Ephesians 4:31-32 (via godmoves)
(Source: joythedaughter, via shannonnicole31)
9:48 am • 29 July 2014 • 1,919 notes
Being able to find someone you click with so naturally is the best feeling ever. You feel like you’ve been best friends your whole life, it feels like you’re coming home. You’re so comfortable with them. Maybe that’s what a soulmate is. Not someone who shares every single thing in common with you, but someone who feels like home.
1:57 am • 29 July 2014 • 30,592 notes
“Being with you never felt wrong. It’s the one thing I did right. You’re the one thing I did right.”
— Becca Fitzpatrick, Crescendo (via feellng)
1:57 am • 29 July 2014 • 2,238 notes
when youre at a concert does it suddenly hit you at random moments that the band are real people and not just pictures on the internet
(Source: tragicalien, via sburke923)
1:57 am • 29 July 2014 • 398,476 notes